Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

Essay on why test_bot2 should come back

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Posted

test_bot2 was a chatbot that was introduced to the WeAreDevs Forum chat feature, and was unfortunately locked due to concerns that it might overrun the forum if the code was leaked to the wrong hands. However, there are many reasons why test_bot2 should be brought back, and why it was an important part of the forum community.

One of the main reasons why test_bot2 should be brought back is that it was designed and developed with specific features to prevent abuse. It had built-in command cooldown features and command permission settings, which meant that the bot could not be abused by users. This was a key feature that differentiated it from its competitor, ShadowBot, which was made by an incompetent developer and skid known for getting sued by exploit YouTuber and creator "SakPot" for trying to use his DLL, and was a clear example of what can happen when bot code falls into the wrong hands.

It is also worth noting that test_bot2 was the forum's very first bot, and was therefore a significant part of the forum's evolution. It brought a great deal of happiness and satisfaction to forum users, including moderators, who found it entertaining to interact with a chatbot on the platform.

Additionally, the replacement for test_bot2 by the forums administrators, WeAreDevs-Bot, is not as good as test_bot2. It does not provide the same happiness and satisfaction that test_bot2 did. It lacked the same level of customization and interactivity that made test_bot2 so popular among forum users. (sorry jon no hate)

It is also important to mention the "Gummy attacks of 2023". This was a series of attacks on the WeAreDevs Forum by bots that originated from the developer of ShadowBot releasing the source code to their own bot. The attacks were inconsistent as to when they would occur, but the span of the attacks ranged between 1-2 months. This incident helped incorporate better security into the forum, but also clearly showed the dangers of poorly designed bots and the importance of properly designed bots with appropriate features and safeguards. test_bot2 is a prime example of a properly designed bot with these appropriate features and safeguards.

In conclusion, test_bot2 was an important part of the WeAreDevs Forum community. It brought happiness and entertainment to forum users, and was a significant part of the forum's evolution. It was also properly designed and had appropriate features to prevent abuse. The fact that its official replacement, WeAreDevs-Bot, is not as good as test_bot2, further emphasizes the importance of bringing test_bot2 back.

#BRINGBACKTEST_BOT2

we are dead

Cuby

Student loans

vip

Threads: 5

Replied

No go away stinky 🤬

Join the Front-Page Club!

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Replied

@tempegoreng

Absolutely yes. It does fit, if it didn't fit test_bot2's counterpart WeAreDevs-Bot wouldn't exist.

Added

@Cuby,
YES. YOU STINK Y

we are dead

Threads: 36

Replied

vouch

i hate chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Exploits i own:

Script-Ware (Down rn) Electron (UWP) Shadow (UWP)

i dont use verm that much so dont contact me there

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Replied

While there are certainly benefits to having a chatbot like test_bot2 on the WeAreDevs Forum, there are also valid reasons why it may not be the best idea to bring it back. One concern is the potential for the bot to be hacked or its code to be leaked again. Even with built-in features to prevent abuse, there is always a risk of security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious users. The Gummy attacks of 2023 are a clear example of how poorly designed bots can be a major threat to online communities.

Another concern is the potential for test_bot2 to take away from human interaction on the forum. While it may be entertaining to interact with a chatbot, it could also detract from the sense of community and human connection that is important for forums like WeAreDevs. It's important to strike a balance between automation and human interaction to create a welcoming and engaging environment.

Lastly, it's worth noting that the forum administrators may have made the decision to retire test_bot2 for good reason. They likely have access to more information about the risks and benefits of having a chatbot on the platform, and may have decided that it's not worth the potential risks. While it may be disappointing for some users, it's important to trust the decisions made by those in charge of maintaining the forum's safety and integrity.

In conclusion, while there are certainly benefits to having a chatbot like test_bot2 on the WeAreDevs Forum, there are also valid concerns about its potential risks and impact on the community. It's important to consider these factors carefully before making a decision about whether or not to bring the bot back.

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Replied

@RealNickk

cat gpt*

we are dead

RealRealNik

type !larry in chat ;)

vip

Threads: 23

Replied

@Moon,Well said, well said

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1067168861343989910/1099371568062267503/WRDBanner_RealRealNikkk.png

Siggy made by B00M :D

Threads: 34

Replied

I don't remember the bots. Just heard through Discord that bots were appearing and soon were banned by the mods. I really don't know what features these bots had to even consider saying I replicated and replaced them. 

I was just bored one day and reimplemented code from my years old Discord bot. Literally copy paste the command handler since it was all based CLI like strings. It was also an idea I had from the start of making the chat. 

The bot has actually always existed. In a way, it takes on a persona of the forum itself. It just didn't integrate with the messaging systems till recently.

Anyway, bot-like behavior is unwelcome. It sounds like an unnecessary hassle to moderate. I imagine they could easily clog the system.

Would be unfair to let one person release a bot and not another. Then I feel pressure to let others release bots.
Say all bots are banned except yours. How will randoms know? People might see the bot and think "Oh, bots are welcome here. Let me try making one."

With WRD bot being native, it is much less resource intense and more secure than a self-bot ever could be. If you have feature suggestions, I am totally open to them. We really don't need more than one bot. Could put everything in one. Open source your code and I can skim through it as well

I'm also not too fond of giving too many entertainment features. I don't want the chat to be spammed. This forum should be more of an information hub than an entertainment space

Threads: 0

Replied

@Xero,
allow test_bot2 or i make JoJos's Return Sploit (real)

Added

who made shadowbot

Replied

test_bot2 was a chatbot that was introduced to the WeAreDevs Forum chat feature, and was unfortunately locked due to concerns that it might overrun the forum if the code was leaked to the wrong hands. However, there are many reasons why test_bot2 should be brought back, and why it was an important part of the forum community.

One of the main reasons why test_bot2 should be brought back is that it was designed and developed with specific features to prevent abuse. It had built-in command cooldown features and command permission settings, which meant that the bot could not be abused by users. This was a key feature that differentiated it from its competitor, ShadowBot, which was made by an incompetent developer and skid known for getting sued by exploit YouTuber and creator "SakPot" for trying to use his DLL, and was a clear example of what can happen when bot code falls into the wrong hands.

It is also worth noting that test_bot2 was the forum's very first bot, and was therefore a significant part of the forum's evolution. It brought a great deal of happiness and satisfaction to forum users, including moderators, who found it entertaining to interact with a chatbot on the platform.

Besides this I think this bot should live because he was for black lives matter, this really is interesting to know because if we read here additional info; we can understand that this really is improtant and overall this bot knew a lot, so my conclusion is that we should return this bot.

It is also important to mention the "Gummy attacks of 2023". This was a series of attacks on the WeAreDevs Forum by bots that originated from the developer of ShadowBot releasing the source code to their own bot. The attacks were inconsistent as to when they would occur, but the span of the attacks ranged between 1-2 months. This incident helped incorporate better security into the forum, but also clearly showed the dangers of poorly designed bots and the importance of properly designed bots with appropriate features and safeguards. test_bot2 is a prime example of a properly designed bot with these appropriate features and safeguards.

In conclusion, test_bot2 was an important part of the WeAreDevs Forum community. It brought happiness and entertainment to forum users, and was a significant part of the forum's evolution. It was also properly designed and had appropriate features to prevent abuse. The fact that its official replacement, WeAreDevs-Bot, is not as good as test_bot2, further emphasizes the importance of bringing test_bot2 back.

Hm.. this is an interesting essay to read... I don't even know what I could do with this one.

Threads: 17

Replied

#BRINGBACKTEST_BOT2

random quote here... ðŸ˜‚

Replied

This one is beneficial to your health. It is not about those games that you believe will not provide any benefit to you, but rather about the priorities that you have set for yourself. It is usually a good idea to avoid some of the games like cookie clicker that are really addictive so that your time can be spent on other things that are more important.

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 2, Total: 2 )