Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

How should I proceed with learning le CSharp?

Valkyrie

Discord: en.valkyrie

vip

Threads: 4

Posted

How should I proceed with learning le CSharp? I have a basic understanding of CSharp, and can write basic programs and exploits using EasyExploit API

Threads: 20

Replied

you should learn the difference between good and bad code, try to learn conventions and good ways to write code, experiment with some challenging projects that make you learn new things

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1136067487847415848/1146449877660872785/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1098921594249814066/1112144294007029932/WRDBanner_Alawapr_1.png

Valkyrie

Discord: en.valkyrie

vip

Threads: 4

Replied

@Alawrpar what are conventions? could you give me some good examples of good code?

Comments

Alawrpar 44 Reputation

Commented

Conventions are a generally accepted way of doing something, an example of it is naming conventions for functions/methods, variables, constants, etc..., The most commonly used naming conventions are pascal-case, snake-case and camel-case.

You can learn about them here: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/programming-naming-conventions-explained/

There are also conventions for things like a comparison of a variable agaisnt multiple conditions.

The following code is generally frowned upon because it doesn't follow this convention:

int variable = 1;

// Do something with your variable

if (variable == 1)

{

}

else if (variable == 2)

{

}

else if (variable == 3)

{

}

And it goes on. This "bad code" can be replaced with a switch statement, which is a thing in a lot of popular languages including c#

A switch statement for the same comparisons would look like:

switch (variable)

{

case 1:

break;

case 2:

break;

case 3:

break;

And it goes on 

}

To learn more about switch statements: https://www.w3schools.com/cs/cs_switch.php

Conventions like these are all over programming, some are even language specific, so it's best if you learn what's good and what's bad early

If you need help you can freely contact me on discord, my username is alawapr

ToiletTub

お父ちゃん

Threads: 0

Replied

Stackoverflow, jk. I prefer to learn by trying to code something and if there is something I cannot figure out I will research on how it works and learn that way. There is a lot of support out there for c# and you can basically find stuff anywhere

I just enjoy codding as a hobby

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Replied

The means by which I recommend learning programming is to find a language that you actually enjoy. Don't just code because you need to make something, code because you enjoy it and want to get better. The more projects you make and the more you program, the better you'll get over time.

That being said, you mentioned you can "write basic programs and exploits using EasyExploits API". For starters, I highly advise against using the EasyExploits API. I believe someone made a UWP port for WRD API, I would definitely use that over EasyExploits. Aside from that, I'd start trying to add more complex systems to your exploits. For instance, try programming a custom tab system, or a settings menu. Maybe you could try creating a basic script hub that retrieves from an API. The possibilities are endless, and as you continue practicing you'll be able to make more and more advanced functionalities.

Comments

Akula 37 Reputation

Commented

what no when u have idea for program write in whatever language suits it best

Alternate 40 Reputation

Commented

@Akula that's not what I said. I said if you want to learn a language, learn it because you actually enjoy it.

Akula 37 Reputation

Commented

yah and i disagree. i believe you should learn a language because it is widely used. learning in such a way ensures you're able to use the most optimal solution to solvea a problem rather than being an 'expert' in a specific language. most languages are the same except miniscule differences in syntax. learning more literally allows you to learn any new language faster, just like memorising a new word

we use different languages for different scenarios as they are tools to be used rather than things to master for fun (tho that is nice too)

Alternate 40 Reputation

Commented

@Akula you're completely wrong. Saying every language is basically the same except for minor differences is the mindset of someone who doesn't have much experience with programming as a whole (not just one language). If you're going to do programming, do a field and language that you like; don't force yourself to learn a language you don't like or do a job you don't like because chances are if you're doing something you enjoy, you'll be able to produce a lot better content and be a lot happier than doing something you don't. Always learn a field and language(s) that you actually find interesting and enjoy doing. Learning a language just just because it's widely used is completely stupid. Every language is made for a different purpose (though they can serve more than one purpose) so you could be using a widely used language yet for a purpose it's not even made for. If people all just stuck to a couple of widely used languages there would be no innovation or new technologies ever.

Added

Adding on because I can't edit right on mobile, I get what you're saying but you should learn a language because you enjoy it not because it's widely used. Every language we use nowadays started off as small projects and slowly evolved into widely used languages. What would happen if then we only stuck to the widely used langs? Most of the ones we have today wouldn't exist or be successful enough for most devs to know about them. Even if you only use the widely used langs for their respective purposes, you still wouldn't ever explore newer, faster, and easier languages that will ultimately begin to take over older langs. An example of this is Rust and C++.

we are dead

TERIHAX

i say im gay as a joke 🙀

Threads: 102

Replied

imo if i could go back to the start i would learn c++ first

and try to actually learn, dont be pasting code around, you'll never learn properly that way

Comments

Valkyrie 6 Reputation

Commented

Is pasting code bad?

TERIHAX 32 Reputation

Commented

@rubie not learning off it is, if you just keep pasting without trying to learn anything it will not help

Entity

Usability >> modern

vip

Threads: 40

Replied

My advice is to learn WPF first, nobody likes winform.

Comments

Valkyrie 6 Reputation

Commented

I have been learning Windows Presentation Foundation for the last week.

Entity 51 Reputation

Commented

Yeah all beginer learning winform first but if you want to make good project you must make the UI in WPF :)

Threads: 7

Replied

https://www.w3schools.com/cs/index.php

RiceUsesArchBtw

rice cracker

vip

Threads: 19

Replied

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1023423265160560745/1132948683747500092/Frame_12x.png

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )