Categories > Coding > Rust >

rust is sucks dont start lol

Threads: 2

Replied

@Sina ok yea that's fair, a lot of people do attack Rust for no good reason and just make up things to say about it, or repeat made up things about it. 

Rust is the future and the future is now

0x90

dingleberry#2286

vip

Threads: 26

Replied

@Mole, You're actually so ignorant it isn't even funny... When did you get the idea that C++ virtual functions are somehow better than the dyn specification on traits? Lol... Rust has both static and dynamic dispatch, a function can be defined with EITHER one, it's literally BETTER than the C++ implementation lol, the specification isn't on the function itself but the use of the trait.

Threads: 48

Replied

@Mole, I have entertained your ignorance for far longer than I should have, now I'm leaving it up to you to find answers to your own questions, rust-lang.org.

I guarantee that once you learn about trait objects, you'll see exactly why it's not more flexible in any way. I'm teaching you to be autonomous and independent without requiring me to educate you. Your college degree isn't doing you any good here against a 14 year old, maybe I should take your college degree instead. Even your bf already agreed that core rust is better than core c++, and the only valid argument he has is the fact C++ has more user-made libraries! Your bf isn't even backing up the statements you're making because he knows they're incorrect, maybe you should talk to him before posting things online.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1044764388546068510/1051935933836050482/Signature_4.png

Sina

Sina

Threads: 43

Replied

@dyslexicsteak, I completely agree with you. However, in the case of @efewss, the situation is particularly special.

As a Turkish individual, @efewss has suffered the loss of loved ones in the devastating Turkish earthquake tragedy. When he sought to open up about this heart-wrenching experience on WeHateDiscord, he was met with an insensitive and inappropriate response from someone named Arson ( profound rust developer ), who suggested that "Rust can be your new family." This trivialization of such a personal and painful loss is deeply hurtful and shows a profound lack of empathy coming from the Rust community, which is a bad first image for Rust.

20/2/23

Threads: 0

Replied

@dyslexicsteak, Maybe we are aggressive because y'all are going about everywhere and following this piece of sh*t called Jayden just to join his "troll" propoganda about Rust? Everyone got tired of it, we do not want that sh*t here, if we wanted to learn Rust we would've a long time ago, it is not worth it, really.

Added

@luxiferrwoo, I do agree with her on many cases, the only thing I agree with you is that the core of Rust is better than the core of C++, rest I am with C++. I use C++ for many things already which eliminates the need for Rust.

Lunox

Mole

vip

Threads: 6

Replied

@0x90

C++ virtual functions are actually way more flexible than Rust traits and dyn specifications because they allow you to create a hierarchy of callable objects that can be overridden with derived classes - something which rust simply doesn't support

A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut

Replied

@0x90, and maybe you should go back to taking drugs everyday you degenerate incel, ive seen you and your face many times

all you do here is wake up, get on discord, do your "troll" which is a half-assed propoganda, do your drugs, sleep and repeat

you are seriously just a loser that only gets the recognition they want from Discord and not real life.

0x90

dingleberry#2286

vip

Replied

@Rexi, Everything after the first paragraph in your response is literally ChatGPT...

Rust has this thing called bindgen, this means any C or C++ library that you want to use in rust can automatically have bindings generated for it gives you real rust source code to work with, this means if I cared enough about a C++ library to want to use it I can literally make a binding in seconds.

The rest of the reply literally just makes no sense and isn't even an argument it's just nonsense lol

Added

@Rexi, this is what happens when you let the internet dating junior programmers try to argue. You turned a rust argument into a haul of personal insults because you're stupid lol.

Replied

@Mole, You do realize that dynamic dispatch in C++ is implemented by using virtual tables right? The function addresses are stored in the virtual table. That's how it works, and this is useful for homogeneous arrays of the same base class, and for calling the correct functions when passing a pointer or reference to a object of a base class ( I don't need to explain why inheritance is useful to you, right? ). These are the two main reasons as to why dynamic dispatch even exists in C++, and the fact is that rust simply did it better with dyn specification on traits, which doesn't require inheritance.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1044764388546068510/1051935933836050482/Signature_4.png

Threads: 2

Replied

@Sina I'm sorry for that on ARSON's behalf, he's screwing around but that was inappropriate.

@Rexi

I decided to start using Rust of my own accord 2 years ago, and I liked it so much that I felt the need to spread it for the good of the human race.

The users of C++ are also fighting quite hard to get very rusty features into C++23 such as the rust model of pattern matching and an increased expression-based-ness with "do". Rust is simply the superior language as of right now, and everyone knows it, we aren't trolling, we're trying to spread something truly wonderful.

Rust is the future and the future is now

0x90

dingleberry#2286

vip

Replied

@Mole, that doesn't make the C++ implementation any better at all lmfao, rust actually does have a flavor of inheritance if you didn't know; from your past replies I'd assume you don't know this because it's apparent that you've done 0 research.

Rust has supertraits which supply you with trait inheritance which AGAIN, allows dynamic dispatch, this means that structural inheritance isn't needed and you can still have flexible polymorphism.

Replied

@0x90, How is it nonsense when Rust is clearly a choice, just like C++

the reason why were "arguing" here in the first place is because of you and your "troll", which has led people to make drama between C++ and Rust

and no I don't use ChatGPT, I look up, research on google which is where ChatGPT indeed takes answers from, it gets trained after all.

everyone I've talked to about you is agreeing with the fact that they get pissed off when you mention Rust everywhere, which is not really funny considering only you and your d*ckriders laugh at

it is really not nonsense because every hour I look at Discord I either see your "troll" or you just talking to other Rust devs, I have got nothing against some Rust devs (e.g Arson, hes a great friend of mine) and I used to respect you too, before you actually started doing this nonsense, maybe you should change your perspective and take a better look into peoples opinions if you want them to acknowledge what youre doing

Replied

@Mole, AND RUST LEGIT ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR INHERITANCE FOR DYNAMIC DISPATCHING, YOU'RE SO DENSE. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? IT LITERALLY MAKES INHERITANCE FOR DYNAMIC DISPATCHING OBSOLETEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHH THE STUPIDITY

Prev Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 2, Total: 2 )