Categories > Coding > Rust >

rust is sucks dont start lol

Threads: 0

Replied

@luxiferrwoo, Rust is unneccessary for the most parts.

C++ has a larger codebase, it's been around for decades now and it is still being used by most major companies even today. If you are working on a project that requires integrating with existing C++ code, then it is better if you use C++. C++ is also often used in many performance-critical projects such as games, financial stuff and science stuff. C++ also has many standart libraries which has lots of uses, this is a huge advantage over Rust since Rust is limited when it comes to that. C++ is a very flexible language and allows for low-level control over the underlying system. This can be useful when writing performance-critical code or for accessing system-level features that are not available through higher-level abstractions. C++ also has a long history and a large community, which has led to the development of many robust tools and libraries. This includes IDEs, debuggers, testing frameworks, and performance profiling tools.

However Rust also has some advantages over C++, it is more reliable when it comes to safety, but i do not understand why would ANYONE in this community use Rust over C++, since C++ is mostly used for game cheating. And we're in a game cheating community.

I also recommend you to learn to accept others opinions, as this shows your immaturity of not being able to understand others opinions over languages, Rust cult is a sick joke but you really take it seriously

Lunox

Mole

vip

Threads: 6

Replied

@luxiferrwoo

You seem to be a smart kid but you haven't taken the time to really understand other languages besides Rust and C++. I guess it's easier for 13 year olds these days not bother with research when they can just act like their an expert on every language out there by talking trash about stuff that average users wouldn't know how or why those were wrong anyway, And feel free to spin your own narrative all you want. Furthermore, C++'s virtual function is actually more flexible than rust traits because while both provide area runtime polymorphism features, only virtual functions would allow user-defined implementations via inheritance which fundamentally allows significantly dynamic behaviour customization.

A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut

Threads: 48

Replied

@Rexi, How is Rust unnecessary? You came to save your girlfriend yet you're not even going to be able to because there's not a single thing C++ is better than Rust at.

If anything, C++ is unnecessary. C++ has a large code base because it's what has been used for decades, because there have been no other options, until now. I've already said why Rust is better, so read those. Now, let me deconstruct and disprove what you said. "C++ is also often used in many performance-critical projects such as games, financial stuff and science stuff", yeah, because C++ is more popular therefore more people know it, this is basic stuff. Of course a more popular language will be used more in production, that doesn't make it better. "C++ also has many standart libraries which has lots of uses, this is a huge advantage over Rust since Rust is limited when it comes to that", wrong. C++'s standard library is extremely bloated and pretty bad, let me give you a example that 0x90 ( avid rust user ) told me a while ago: std::expected, the alternative to exceptions ( which Rust made COMPLETELY obsolete ), relies on exceptions.

C++ being used in games and financial contexts is extremely risky, I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWCvk4KZuV4

This could've been prevented if it was written in Rust. So many vulnerabilities, bugs, undefined behavior, all because of how bad of a language C++ is compared to Rust. So many vulnerabilities and problems in code that could be solved if it was written in Rust, unfortunately people still believe C++ is a good language because they're starting out. "C++ is a very flexible language and allows for low-level control over the underlying system. This can be useful when writing performance-critical code or for accessing system-level features that are not available through higher-level abstractions" Rust can do the same except better, when you want to write unsafe code, Rust allows you to do that, Rust allows you to have low-level control, while also maintaining safety wherever possible, C++ doesn't guarantee anything AT ALL, making it bad for production. Rust is far more flexible and end-user friendly than C++.

"However Rust also has some advantages over C++, it is more reliable when it comes to safety, but i do not understand why would ANYONE in this community use Rust over C++, since C++ is mostly used for game cheating. And we're in a game cheating community." Rust has more than "some" advantages, Rust is simply better. For game cheating, yeah, you probably should use C++, but that's about it lol. Rust is being pushed out to multiple companies like Amazon, Google, Discord, and it's also being pushed out to the Linux kernel due to the safety that it guarantees.

Added

@Mole, and once again, you're wrong, and showing your lack of experience in both languages. Please go learn about traits and trait objects. C++ virtual functions are not more flexible than rust traits :facepalm:....... And the reason C++ needs inheritance is because they don't have Rust traits, which ALSO make that obsolete and unnecessary, traits being independent is a feature, not the absence of one. You're actually worse than Rexi, unsurprisingly. The fact C++'s only reason for dynamic dispatch is only possible via inheritance is LITERALLY a reason for why it's worse than Rust, you basically proved my point :skull: thanks.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1044764388546068510/1051935933836050482/Signature_4.png

Lunox

Mole

vip

Replied

@luxiferrwoo

LMAO, you're really showing your age here. I've been coding in both Rust and C++ for years now while you're the 13 years old teenager here, that can't prove me otherwise, so please stop trying to act like you know everything when clearly there's a lack of experience on your part as well. You don't even understand the basics of traits you claim to know and point that I don't know

Replied

@luxiferrwoo, since you love researching every hour of the day while not getting up from that rusty chair you got, you may aswell gain unhealthy weight, and become like one of those "discord moderators". Learn to understand that not many people prefer Rust over C++ you degenerate 13 y/o brat

There are many third-party tools available for C++ that can simplify development and improve productivity also has a wider range of libraries available, including libraries for graphics, networking, and audio processing, which can be leveraged to create complex applications with a relatively small amount of code), examples include integrated development environments IDEs, debuggers and more. C++ is also compatible with C, which means that C libraries can be easily integrated into C++ projects. This is important for projects that require access to existing C libraries or want to take advantage of the large amount of existing C code

the choice between C++ and Rust is not always an either-or proposition, as they can be used in complementary ways. For example, Rust can be used to write performance-critical parts of an application, while the rest of the code can be written in C++, leveraging its larger codebase and libraries. Ultimately, the choice between C++ and Rust depends on the specific requirements of a project, as well as the preferences and expertise of the development team

Replied

@Mole, I have legit proved you incorrect in every single one of your statements, the ignorance here is immense and shows how dense you are, you haven't been able to disprove a single one of my points yet I've disproved literally everythign you've said. It seems like you're mad because a 14 year old is a better programmer than you are, with half the time of experience. Go cry in your hole.

Added

@Rexi, It is true that C++ has a larger code base due to how long it's been standardized, but this still doesn't prove C++ is a better language in any way. Also, including other libraries into C++ is far harder than it is for Rust, you can use cargo, and it's the best way to deal with packages, something C++ could never do. C++'s modularity limits it so much because it's so basic, and pre cpp20 it's just non-existent. C++ also isn't 100% backwards compatible with C either, the only advantage C++ has over Rust, isn't even a core language advantage, it's just the fact it's a popular standardized language meaning it has more libraries. That's it. That's the singular advantage it has, and it's not even that big of an advantage because Rust provides you with a TON of libraries which are easier to use and include into your project ( ty kind cargo package system ), including graphics, networking, audio processing, and more, all which come with 0 undefined behavior ( can't say the same about C++ libraries because that's not guaranteed ).

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1044764388546068510/1051935933836050482/Signature_4.png

Replied

@luxiferrwoo, I dont think someone that went and actually got education about programming in university is worse than a 13 y/o kid that does nothing but argue in a lego cheating community about a language that they learned from a drug addict that does nothing in his life

in fact, you going everywhere and bragging about Rust shows your ignorance here, you proved my point right ":skull:"

Lunox

Mole

vip

Replied

@luxiferrwoo How did you prove me wrong? you didn't even prove why it's not more flexible? you assume that by saying "it's not" is a proof?

also it doesn't always require inheritance in C++;. You can achieve dynamic dispatch by using function pointers or virtual tables

Threads: 2

Replied

@Rexi Rust comes with first-party support for many thing and easy integration with third-party software that provides a user experience very similar to the first party one, you can see this on display most obviously with Cargo subcommands. The library space in Rust is also expanding rapidly, and for most C++ libraries with no pure Rust equivalent, there are bindings through the C API the C++ library exports.

Rust in IDEs is competitive with C++ as it has essentially first class CLion support in the case of fully-featured IDEs, a few extensions to VS Code do the trick as well, I used to use VS Code and I can testify that the experience is good, and CodeLLDB was quite helpful aside from its C orientedness (interpreting u8 as a C unsigned char which showed ASCII instead of the numbers which I wanted to see). Personally, I've left VS Code to use Helix, it's much more simplistic but I've found that it doesn't limit me in any meaninful way.

The fact that you bring up C interop as a benefit of C++ shows ignorance concerning Rust and the wider world in general; since all major operating systems communicate with a C ABI, all programming languages are forced to speak C as well, Rust being one of the best (repr(C), extern "C", core::ffi and by extension std::ffi). 

The performance gap between Rust and C++ is not wide enough to warrant mixing the 2 languages, all you'd achieve is a suppression of Rust's safety and performance benefits. 

Interop between Rust and C++ occurs through a C shaped hole because C++ has no proper stable ABI and advanced constructs in C++ do not translate well to other languages, 

Rust is the future and the future is now

Sina

Sina

Threads: 43

Replied

@luxiferrwoo, with the utmost consideration:

Confronting others with an aggressive attitude in order to promote Rust as a programming language may not be the most effective way to communicate your thoughts. Such behavior can have unintended consequences, creating a negative image and hindering opportunities for meaningful engagement with others. Instead, why not consider sharing your ideas in a respectful, educational manner that fosters discussion and encourages a deeper understanding of the unique strengths of Rust.

From my observation, it seems that you hold a strong conviction that any objections to Rust stem solely from comparisons to C++. However, it is important to acknowledge that there may be a variety of other reasons why someone may not prefer Rust, such as personal preference or compatibility with their specific project requirements. It would be beneficial to approach these differing perspectives with an open mind and a willingness to learn!

20/2/23

Threads: 2

Replied

@Sina look at the title of this thread xd

Rust is the future and the future is now

Sina

Sina

Threads: 43

Replied

@dyslexicsteak, I disagree with the author's assertion. However, the manner in which exprssn presents his arguments greatly impacts the effectiveness of his message. The approach used by him seems to be more geared towards inciting anger, rather than fostering a productive dialogue and encouraging others to consider his perspective. And that's what I wanted to point out!

20/2/23

Replied

@Rexi, you're proving that they wasted money and time going to college because they can't even come up with a valid argument as to why core C++ is better than core Rust, which is funny because you even admitted yourself rust is better than C++ at its core, and the only advantage C++ has is the fact that people have made more libraries for it, and that isn't even a big advantage because rust has 95% of all libraries you could ever need already made, and super easy to add with 1 simple command: cargo add somepackage

Prev Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )