Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

why are there ai bots on wrd?

Kxhu

C# & Lua enjoyer

Threads: 21

Posted

prob because of it being open source but does anyone know why this is a thing?
i can see why this would be profitable for the person, but why here?

Thx for reps everyone: https://forum.wearedevs.net/profile/reputation?uid=90498

Cyros

Revision

Threads: 49

Replied

This Website and Forum is entirely dead, even without the base it'd be easy to get bots on here and this points out an existing reason; there is no proper security for the site even thought it may have Updated Packages, there will still be bots.

Another issue is the captcha that is used isn't actually secure and it really isn't good, at the first place they should've used something such as ReCAPTCHA which is from google but it wouldn't make a difference as this site already uses Google Analytics and Advertisements.

There is no benefit of using this forum anymore, this forum isn't even truely universal as it's entirely focused on ROBLOX and not a widespread amount of games and V3rmillion's new site (Bloxflip's) is the only truely one that'll succeed in anything

Comments

Kxhu 11 Reputation

Commented

i think they used cloudflare rather than recaptcha because of costs

Cyros 20 Reputation

Commented

@Kxhu I believe recaptcha is able to be used for free

Alternate 40 Reputation

Commented

The site did previously use ReCaptcha- it changed to Cloudflare during the second "gummy" incident. Along with that change, Jon introduced a few other security changes, but I suspect at the time he figured Cloudflare might work better than ReCaptcha. He wasn't wrong I suppose, because the attacks stopped shortly after. Of course, it's still bypassable, but not as vulnerable as it was before.

In any case I suspect that most of the "bots" plaguing this forum are not actually fully bots, but I'm not fully sure.

Regarding your comments on the future of this forum, while I agree the future of this forum is grim, I do not agree there is no point in using this forum anymore. This forum wasn't ever very large as a "community" (at least from what I can tell since my arrival) but it was large as a group of friends where nearly everyone knew each other and it was all-in-all a good time, of course excluding the drama. While a lot of people have moved on, this community will remain a place for many of us to continue communicating and building relationships in different ways, even if the forum has gotten smaller.

We Hate VOID

Omori

Omori

Threads: 0

Replied

so we dont get lonely

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )