Categories > Coding > C# >

When creating a new instance of Avalon Editor, nothing happens. What should I do?

Threads: 4

Posted

Hello! I am currently coding a tab-system for my ROBLOX exploit which is going amazing. The last part that I need to do is making a new instance of Avalon Editor for every tab. I do TextEditor ScriptEditor = new TextEditor() and some reason that code is not making a new text editor. What should I exactly do? Tell me if I need to elaborate more on my issue, I would be happy to do so.

Added

@tempegoreng, It looks like I might of forgot that, when I included that peice of code with the variables I made, I ran the app and it still did not make a new instance of the text editor. But I am a bit confused, what is the content property used for the tab item? I have never heard of it for the tab item. What should I do to get a new instance of AvalonEdit?

Added

@tempegoreng Hello, I just found another method to make a new instance of AvalonEdit for each TabItem which worked. Except, when I press the Add Tab button, it adds a new AvalonEdit EXCEPT the position and sizing of AvalonEdit is off by a lot.  I am confused on why it will not take my sizing properties I gave it. Here is the sizing properties I did. I even tested those  sizing properties out by creating a new AvalonEdit editor in XAML.

ScriptEditor.Height = 329;
ScriptEditor.Margin = new Thickness(10, 56, 210, 47);

Join our Discord Server at https://discord.gg/uAqUBNhWDa

Akula

Pv.Akula

vip

Threads: 14

Replied

@Mars_Developer, just use a grid inside tab control and have every new instance be within the grid and have same size as the grid. this will solve those issues

Threads: 4

Replied

@Akula, That is an amazing idea, since the Grid will not have specific sizing properties that limit it. I will test it out, and inform you if it worked.

Added

@Akula, I decided to use another method by taking the size properies of the origional margin and pasting it for the Script Editor and it worked! When I put the Script Editor in the tab control it gave me an entirley new margin size even though it was the exact same measurments. Thank you so much for the idea that helped me fix the tab system.

Join our Discord Server at https://discord.gg/uAqUBNhWDa

Akula

Pv.Akula

vip

Threads: 14

Replied

@Mars_Developer, I'm glad it's been of help

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )