Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

[Suggestions] Constructive Criticism Needed - Book Cover

Threads: 0

Posted

So recently I've been working on a book cover for my book "Mastering Lua: From Data Structures to Obfuscation". I wanted some constructive critism and suggestion on what the cover should look like.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/911003765463711844/1067522274057531553/image.png

The cover as of right now (Ignore the copright thing at the bottom didn't finish it) This was made in MS word.

This isn't very professional look and I've realized that thanks to JoeIsGod. I will try and attempt a more professional cover.

Replied

This is my take,

the book design by itself looks good but the only issue i have is it isnt flat or sleek, a flat or sleek design with more contrasting colors will be more appealing to the eye.

blueless

Failed to fetch.

vip

Threads: 41

Replied

1. Too much elements
2. Too long title
3. Colors don't fit
Ngl this needs a lot of improvement

Failed to fetch.

mliny

Mattress kidnapper 3000

Threads: 14

Replied

It looks cool but kinda empty, try using a flat design and make it look more professional if you want to sell it.

Replied

@mliny

The book will be free. I think selling learning material is a sin.

Added

@75975

I'm redesgning (I'm honestly going on fiverr and payng someone to make me a cover :sob:)

Added

@blueless

The title will stay, but everthing else will change. The colour palette will stll be blue'ish and white'ish. The font "Fredoka One" will also stay.

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )