Categories > Coding > C++ >

[HELP] How to update luau files?

heckerdude

heckerdude

Threads: 16

Posted

So, if you dont know theres a 'Luau' file library posted by roblox and you can use it by using a convertor like lua_getfield((lua_State*)rL, -10002, "HI");

But the only problem is it changes every week, so can anyone tell me WHAT files need to be updated?

hecker dude ngl i hecked 5 ips in 1 second also luaU_loadbiglongjuicythingy(rL);

Threads: 95

Replied

Lol Figure Out Encryptions For Proto's, Closure Etc The Structs And Align The Structs/Enums Properly

heckerdude

heckerdude

Replied

@ImmuneLion318, ok ill see man

Added

@ImmuneLion318, can you exactly tell me what FILES in the luau file need to be updated?

hecker dude ngl i hecked 5 ips in 1 second also luaU_loadbiglongjuicythingy(rL);

Haruka

STD Testing Center

Threads: 3

Replied

The easiest way to update the luau library is to go to the official Roblox GitHub repository for luau at https://github.com/Roblox/luau. From there, you can download the latest version of the library as a ZIP file. Once you've downloaded the file, just extract its contents to a directory on your computer, and replace the existing luau files in your project with the updated files from the extracted directory.

Keep in mind that you may also need to update any scripts or code that rely on the luau library to use the latest API and function calls. You can find more information on the latest updates to the library in the official Roblox documentation at https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/lua-docs.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/979069297374671018/1078367228593971362/VelvetSiggy.png

Replied

@Haruka I Hate To Tell You But This Reply Is Completely Irrelevant As The User Wants To Know How To Update And Use Luau In Roblox Not Just For Stuff Like The Compiler.

Haruka

STD Testing Center

Replied

@ImmuneLion318, ah i misunderstood 

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/979069297374671018/1078367228593971362/VelvetSiggy.png

Replied

@Haruka No Worries I Assume They Appreciate The Thought That Went Into The Reply

heckerdude

heckerdude

Replied

@Haruka, I see. It worked fine but some functions need specific updating, but thank you overall.

Added

@Haruka Hey there! Might be messaging late, I copied the 'VM' Folder as I want to use the LuaC API functions like getfield, pushclosure. None of them seem to work?

I use them like this:

lua_pushnil((lua_State*)rL));

I don't know if i am doing something wrong. It just doesnt seem to work, it actually crashes roblox.

I had copied the VM folder, pasted it into my exploit DLL directory and it showed no errors. Don't really know why this is happeneing.

Haruka

STD Testing Center

Replied

@heckerdude, One possibility is that the Lua state you're using (which is represented by the 'lua_State' variable) might not be set up correctly or could be pointing to the wrong memory location. Another possibility is that the version of Lua in the copied "VM" folder might not be compatible with the version of Roblox you're running.

try to debug it 

1. Make sure that the Lua state is initialized properly and that the 'lua_State' variable is pointing to the right spot in memory. You can do this by using the 'lua_newstate' function to create a new Lua state, and then setting 'lua_State' to point to that new state.
  2. Check the version of Lua in the copied "VM" folder to make sure it matches up with the version of Roblox you're using. You can do this by looking at the Lua version number in the 'lua.h' header file.
  3. Try using a different Lua C API function to see if it works. For example, you could try using 'lua_pushnumber' to add a number to the Lua stack and see if that works without crashing Roblox.
  4. If none of these things help, you might need to dig a bit deeper and look at the call stack and any error messages that pop up to try and figure out what's causing the crash.

Replied

@heckerdude Cause Just Pasting The VM Doesn't Work You Need To Update Encryptions And Align The Structs/Enums

heckerdude

heckerdude

Replied

@Haruka, Do I need to update anything? I heard from lot of people there are specific encryptions, offsets? If you heard of NezyGhoul, he used to post Luau updated, but I didn't understand how it worked.

Also, i just debugged. Seems like it just crashes ROBLOX. It created a lua state and worked with lua state, but not with my roblox state grabbed from the task scheduling code.

Added

Quick Update: I made new lua state when func is ran:

lua_pushnumber(luaL_newstate(), 5);

It ran fine, but not in roblox state, it ran in lua state.

Added

EDIT: PushNumber worked perfectly fine! It pushed 5 fine!

BTW I tried setfield, pushcclosure, and those dont work.

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )