Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

Roblox's New AC

stupidddd

-69 rep?

vip

Threads: 27

Posted

If you dont already know, Roblox has a new anticheat. Apparently, this AC can detect when a DLL is injected; something Roblox has never done before. For them to be able to do this, the AC must be kernel-level because it can access the memory and see what is being modified (DLLs have to modify Roblox's memory to inject). Fluxus has already found a bypass for this, but I dont think theyd be happy to share it.

What we know so far: The AC will most likely be kernel-level and can access the memory, and it is a serverside AC.

I hope this doesnt stop most exploits... Lets hope for the best!

#ROAD TO -69 REP

Threads: 39

Replied

1. It's not released

2. It's not the end of exploiting

3. Calm down & be careful who you listen to. For example, obviously 3dsboy is going to say 'free exploits won't survive' so they'll be more sales on Synapse X.

This is like the 100th time people are worried about the 'end of exploiting' after a new Roblox Anti-Cheat announcement..

Threads: 12

Replied

@53170no i think were all going to die because of this

Added

@57333exactly

yea im in specal education 

Threads: 95

Replied

Its Not Kernel Level Its Going To Be Usermode I've Heard This From Literally Everyone.

Threads: 6

Replied

On top of what's already known, there are reasons why a kernel-spaced anticheat is an unlikely development.

Roblox has an already fragmented codebase because of their multi-platform support. More security-focused operating systems (say Android) prevent this from being implemented entirely, even their primary platforms might be difficult to work with (Windows 7 on life support). If they were to try to implement this, it would likely remain platform-dependent and therefore ineffective. Not sure if they really care yet, but it would brick using Wine entirely, too.

Userspace is more privacy (and security) respecting, cost-effective, and easier to maintain across different platforms. Roblox isn't known for their ability to maintain complex features over a longer period of time.

it will no longer be possible to contact me here, but i will be on session for at least a bit :)

0520984e5ed65f84673ff6d3421d89a3b3e1dff2ed54cbd4ed012351789a347913

stupidddd

-69 rep?

vip

Threads: 27

Replied

@ImmuneLion318 so synapse is going to a monthly sub for nothing? dammn

#ROAD TO -69 REP

Threads: 95

Replied

@stupidddd Ig Just Use Script-Ware They Just As Good As I Thing Not Monthly Sub Either.

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )