Categories > Coding > C# >

WPF or Winforms

Zera

Casual Femboy Agent

vip

Threads: 39

Posted

Alright it's been a while since my last thread, however I think expressing my opinion over this topic can lift my stress over this topic. WPF or Winforms?

Both WPF and Winforms have their pros and cons however both are quite reliable in their own way. I'm certain majority of you have never tried making your own Winforms controls (Ex: button style, tab control style, etc).

Winforms - C# reliant, flexible, simple to use for designing, lightweight.

The reasons I state its more C# reliant is that majority of you probably never attempted in making your own controls. Winforms can be customized heavily with the use of C#. In addition there isn't much else to learn whilst using Winforms (Ex: xaml). If you never seen a good winforms exploit UI i recommend checking out Iris's amazing exploit uis or releases on the v3rmillion site (not a promotion).

WPF - design heavy, less C#, more markup, reliable but takes time.

I will be honest, I use WPF alot. I don't like saying I'm an absolute god at WPF because I am not. However as a person who works in WPF I can confirm that making a UI in WPF requires ALOT of time management. WPF doesn't need you to know any to all C# for you to make a good ui with nice styles. Styles can be made in xaml or C#. If any of you saw or used Furk Ultra's UI (made by Atrexus) it doesn't use any to all xaml styles at all. It uses C# primarily for the majority of the ui. However either is fine depending on whichever you're primarily used to.

Xaml is something people find "difficult" and I can somewhat agree to this statement. Xaml isn't hard till you try learning more, such as using controls you didn't even know existed.

(I bet none of you heard of what a canvas or a grid splitter is) . Knowing more xaml doesn't guarantee your UI will look any better, however you will get a better understanding over how your styles work. WPF is used for a few modern login UIs or normal applications. Here's an example of what I made in WPF.

Grisaia Login: https://lose-your.virginity.today/Dixp5WQF_

NVIDIA Login: https://lose-your.virginity.today/ZtKoFFJ8_

This is just my thoughts over WPF or Winforms, you can have your own thoughts on this however I just felt like sharing it out.

Additional forgotten point:

wpf like its name "Windows Presentation Foundation" is more Advanced, it uses xaml to have better optimisation and smoother usage while using the build, it also supports alot more c# classes and controls than winforms - Devathats also the reason its easier to switch between the 2 xaml and c# and it has alot more controls because of the mix

thats also the reason its easier to switch between the 2 xaml and c# and it has alot more controls because of the mix

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/995469995742068832/1073019970012848228/Untitled39_20220604185345.png

lo4

lo4

Threads: 2

Replied

winforms sounds better than wpf, im just too lazy to learn a bunch of stuff just to learn how to make a exploit ui so winforms is basically more easier than wpf and i like that

20 dollars for some block exploit lmaooo

Threads: 0

Replied

Winforms has some technical problems. Like that DPI awareness thing that makes your winforms graphics look crap. It can be fixed, just annoying.

Threads: 10

Replied

Zera show winforms UI :angry:

Discord : Doctor Doom#0550

WhiteCat

Paradox#8032

Threads: 20

Replied

WPF all the way. 

C# and JavaScript | Learning C++

Join [Cyrup]

Replied

WPF ;-; Content length must be 10-5000 chars

Hectique

Hectique

Threads: 186

Replied

Hey zera

its been a while

yeh wpf for life

i finally got good

u dont have to be my teacher anymore

a former active and known member of the WRD community, but im kinda just a meme now

Zera

Casual Femboy Agent

vip

Replied

@Hectique

hoh, show me your work

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/995469995742068832/1073019970012848228/Untitled39_20220604185345.png

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Threads: 3

Replied

haha winforms very simple you can turn off snapping just b holding alt

also you can add roundify and shadows with frameworks like bunifu and siticone (both are cracked lol) 

Replied

Wpf def my favorite when I feel like I'm actually making a UI compared to just dragging stuff onto a square B)

TaxiDriver08

JustMarie

Replied

eeeeee

wpf = eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JustMarie#0709

Threads: 10

Replied

@Zera

in this case its like saying "you're or your", it depends entirely on the context of the statement or thing at hand

"Sometimes, giving up is better than trying for hours to achieve nothing."

- Xeon, 2021

To know where you're headed, you must know where you been.
Life is like a pear, except the pear is not real.

yranxzy

joe22

vip

Threads: 114

Replied

Winforms: Its easy to learn and its easy to get good at theres lot of current add-ons (if you call it that) that will make your ui look better.

Winforms pros:
Easy to learn
Lots of add-ons

Winforms cons:
Most winforms uis look bad

Theres not alot of flexibility unlike wpf
Just shi*ty overall

WPF: This will take some time to understand but after awhile it gets easy.

WPF pros:
Most uis look good
Flexibility

WPF cons:

Takes time to learn

If i needed to pick one WPF all the way

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )