Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

I have a question about how Roblox bans accounts

Threads: 7

Posted

I have a few blatant scripts that make it obvious to anyone in the server that Im cheating. Lets say if they were to call a mod in and he see's me flying around the map and he decides to ban me. How will that ban work? Will the ban just stop that account from logging into that spisific game? Will the ban just stop that account from logging into any game? Would that ban stop any requests from my IP address? The VPNs I use are quite slow and it would be really convenient if I dont need them in the first place.

Threads: 9

Replied

Its not an IP ban and it depends on what you mean by ban

if its a ban by roblox themselves then it'll be from 3 days to a perma ban and it'll just force you to view a ban message until you can reactivate your account (They tell you how long the ban is at the top of the ban message)

if its the game it'll depend on what they have in place

novaline ontop

Executors I own: Synapse X, Asshurt/Sirhurt, Scriptware, Novaline

Replied

@YeemiRouth
Ohh I see
Is it possible for games to IP ban you?

Replied

@Soniasinn they cant and never will be able to

thats why games force your account to be like 10 or more days old to avoid repeat offenders 

Added

I have heard that there is a way to "mark" someones computer to identify them across multiple accounts but idk if thats true

novaline ontop

Replied

@YeemiRouth
Oh. Ok phew. That's really good to know

Replied

@Soniasinn very useful lol

novaline ontop

Darkn

Darkn | Resigned

vip

Threads: 67

Replied

> Lets say if they were to call a mod in and he see's me flying around the map and he decides to ban me. How will that ban work?
If you are exploiting in a game with a Roblox Moderator in it, then you should be expected to be banned on the spot for 3 days. If you are to be caught again then you would be banned permanently or 14 days.

If you were caught exploiting in a game with just a Game Moderator or the Game Owner in it and they were to ban you in it, then you would be banned from joining that game.

> Will the ban just stop that account from logging into any game? Would that ban stop any requests from my IP address?
It will only stop your account from joining that one game. A game owner or moderator banning you from that game can't just ban your entire IP address, nor can developers even manage to that if I had to presume.

If you happen to get banned from a game, you can simply make a new Roblox account and play that game using that new account. The only restrictions that could probably work on you when making a new account is if the game has a "creation date" requirement on an account. Such as the account having to be at least 90 days old or something. But in summary, they can't just IP ban you from a Roblox game, that's not possible for a Roblox developer.

Replied

@Darkn
Nice. That's good to here

Added

@Darkn
*hear. My spelling

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )